Snowmobile Insurance in Delaware OH, Westerville OH & Powell OH
Snowmobiles are designed primarily for winter travel and recreation. They operate on off-road terrain, over frozen bodies of water and alongside roads and generally at high speeds. Despite being fun, these vehicles can cause harm to drivers, passengers, other motorists and property, making insurance essential for protecting people and property.
When the Snow Falls, Make Sure You’re Ready.
Nothing is quite as satisfying as hitting the trails after the first snow. Your snowmobile is your ticket to enjoying the fresh mountain air and exhilarating scenery of the countryside, and while you’re out there in the thick of it all, contemplating whether you have the right insurance should be the last thing on your mind.
Trimble Insurance Agency, Inc. offers specialized Snowmobile Insurance at affordable rates, with benefits tailored to meet your specific insurance needs. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned veteran, we offer essential coverage for:
- Bodily injury and property damage liability: This policy covers liability for an accident involving injury to other people or property up to your liability limits.
- Comprehensive and collision coverage: If your snowmobile is stolen or damaged, this policy pays to replace or repair your snowmobile, regardless of who is at fault. This coverage also applies if you hit a nonliving object or another vehicle and will pay for damages caused by events, such as fires, theft or vandalism.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist: This policy pays for your medical treatment if you get into an accident with someone uninsured or underinsured and you were not the at-fault party.
- Roadside assistance: This policy covers the labor needed for repairs and towing to the nearest repair facility if your snowmobile is disabled.
- Accessory covered: This policy covers items not manufactured initially on the vehicle, altering the appearance or performance of the snowmobile. Coverage may include trailers, custom modifications, seats/backrests, exhausts, etc.
- Medical payments: This policy helps pay for medical expenses for you and your passengers if you have a snowmobile accident.
Is Snowmobile Insurance Mandatory?
Some states require snowmobile insurance, but Delaware does not currently have this requirement. However, be sure to review the insurance requirements of various snowmobiling parks, as some will require insurance to use their premises. In addition, if you financed your snowmobile, your lender may require that you have insurance. Because accidents are relatively common with snowmobiles, proper protection is a good idea—even if your state doesn’t require it.
What Does Snowmobile Insurance Cost?
Snowmobile insurance rates vary. Location, your driving or riding history, your snowmobile’s make and model are considerations in determining the price of a policy.
When purchasing a snowmobile insurance policy, ask about available discounts. Having multiple policies with your insurer, paying your premium in full, or taking an approved snowmobile safety course could qualify you for a discount on your snowmobile coverage.
Be sure to ask how your Trimble Insurance Agency, Inc. agent can help you obtain a snowmobile policy that meets your insurance needs.
How We Can Help
Snowmobiling is a fun and exhilarating but hazardous sport. Snowmobiles are responsible for more severe injuries than the other favorite winter pastimes, skiing and snowboarding. That’s why every snowmobile driver should have snowmobile insurance. Without sufficient coverage, you are unprotected against collision costs and medical payments if you have an accident.
Call the Trimble Insurance Agency, Inc. today at 740-369-6711. Our team of experienced insurance professionals can help you find a snowmobile policy that fits your needs.