Specialty Auto Insurance in Delaware OH, Westerville OH & Powell OH
Insurance for Collector Cars Throughout Ohio
Collecting cars is an intensely fun hobby. You get to share your love of classic and unique vehicles with likeminded people, travel to shows and exhibitions, and turn heads on the road. Putting your love of collector cars out there can be rewarding, but it can also be risky. Although collector cars are generally driven less than personal vehicles, they still face a variety of dangers both on and off the road. You will want to protect your beloved collectibles with a reliable insurance policy.
At Trimble Insurance Agency, Inc., we work with collectors throughout Ohio to find and tailor policies specifically for your collectible vehicle. We offer a variety of specialized coverage options for collectible vehicles to keep your beloved cars safe in case of an accident.
What Does Collector Car Insurance Cover?
Collector car insurance, also known as collectible car insurance, offers a range of coverages for your collectible vehicles. Many of these are available on a typical car insurance policy, such as:
- Comprehensive Coverage: This provides compensation for damages to the collectible vehicle caused by fire, wind, hail, lightning, smoke, theft, vandalism and other incidents not involving collision.
- Collision Coverage: This provides compensation for damages to the collectible vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability: This covers bodily injury and property damage you may cause someone else while operating the collectible vehicle.
- Medical Payments: This coverage provides compensation for medical bills you and your passengers may face after an accident, no matter who caused the accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This insurance covers damages and injuries related to an accident involving another driver who is not carrying enough insurance to provide compensation.
- Roadside Assistance: This helps with trip interruption expenses, such as running out of gas or needing to be towed.
However, collector car insurance can also provide additional coverages, including:
- Travel Coverage: If your vehicle breaks down while you’re traveling, traveling coverage can help with the cost of a rental vehicle and food .
- Auto Show Medical Reimbursement: Auto show medical reimbursement provides compensation for medical bills another person may face while your vehicle is in an exhibit or event. For example, if you have a booth and someone is injured in the booth, this insurance can help with their medical bills.
- No Attendance Required: This insurance covers your vehicle while you are away from it during a display or car show.
You may also want additional protection for spare parts and other permanent embellishments made to the vehicle.
Insure Your Collector Car
The dedicated agents at Trimble Insurance Agency, Inc., are ready to help you protect your collector cars today. Call us at (740) 369-6711 or fill out an online quote form to get started.
Common Collector Cars Insurance Questions
Collector car insurance is a type of insurance policy geared to cover certain collector cars. This may include classic cars, antique cars or replicas.
Just like your personal auto insurance policy, you may pay monthly premiums on a collector car insurance policy in return for coverage. Si long as the policy is active, you can receive compensation for damages and injuries as covered by your insurance. Keep in mind that only certain vehicles qualify for collector car insurance, so be sure to ask a Trimble Insurance agent about your vehicle’s qualifications today.
Contrary to popular belief, antique car insurance is actually cheaper on average than your normal personal auto insurance. This is because antique cars are generally driven less than an everyday vehicle; thus there is less chance of an accident or claim.
The cost of collector car insurance depends on the value of the vehicle, your location, driving record, credit score, coverage limits, and deductibles. Fill out an online quote form to save on a collector car insurance policy today.